What You Should Do if You’re Involved in an Accident with a Non-licensed Vehicle

Colorado has many sunny days to enjoy, which is why there are so many people who take advantage of the beautiful weather and walk, ride a bike or ride a scooter to their destination. The beauty of Colorado has an appeal that many people can’t resist. In some places in Colorado, it’s even more efficient to walk, bike, or scooter than to use a car to travel.

While there are many benefits to walking, biking, and scootering, there are always a certain amount of risks associated with this method of travel. One of the biggest risks for these methods of travel is a car or a truck.

Over the years, car safety has increased. Unfortunately, car safety doesn’t always apply when you’re not in the car. Accidents like these can be the fault of the driver, pedestrian, bike rider, or scooter rider. It all depends on the situation in which the accident occurred. For this reason, it’s important to understand what you should do if you’re ever involved in an accident.

Accidents can be trying for anyone involved in them. The most important thing to do is remain calm. Panicking will only make the situation worse, and you may not be able to help everyone who needs it when you’re panicked.

Make Sure Everyone is Safe

Make sure you get anyone injured to safety. Once you get them to safety, don’t try to give medical treatment, aside from what is required in an emergency, such as CPR.

Contact the Authorities

Do not leave the scene. If you leave the scene, you could face serious legal consequences. Once you’re sure everyone is safe, contact the police and medical care providers. When the police arrive, give them an honest account of what happened and how the accident occured.

Document the Accident

While accidents can be scary, it’s important to focus on what you need to document for your insurance company and the police.

Take the contact info of those involved in the accident and witnesses of the accident. Focus on documenting the details of the accident. Make sure you document what you told the police, the time, date, location, and weather and road conditions. You should also note the badge numbers and names of the police officers at the scene.

Contact Your Insurance

Once you get into an accident, it’s important to get in contact with your insurance company. They’ll be able to communicate on your behalf with the other party’s insurance company.

Contact an Attorney

Depending on the situation, you may want to seek legal aid. For an accident like this, you should contact a Non-licensed vehicle lawsuit attorney to seek their counsel. Make sure you give the attorney the details you documented and any additional information they may require. Keep them apprised of what has already happened with the authorities and the other party as well. By contacting an attorney, you’re ensuring you are put in the best position to recover from the accident and any compensation you may deserve from the accident.