Outdoor movie screenings are a fun and unique way to enjoy the summer nights. They typically take place in a public park or other open space, with a large screen set up for the audience to watch the movie on.
The event is usually free and open to the public, with food vendors and other activities available before the movie starts. Many communities host outdoor movie screenings as a way to bring people together and create a sense of community. They are also a great way to enjoy a classic movie or a recent blockbuster under the stars.
Outdoor movie screenings are a fun and unique way to enjoy the summer nights with friends and family. They are also a great way to experience new movies. Many communities host outdoor movie screenings as a way to bring people together and create a sense of community. They are also a great way to enjoy a classic movie or a recent blockbuster under the stars. Read below how to enjoy outdoor movie screening;
- Establishing a time and date for the event
How to select a date: be sure to check the forecast for the day, as well as the sunset hours and any important events that are scheduled to take place on the day you have in mind.
When deciding on a starting time, keep in mind that the optimal time to begin is 15–30 minutes after dusk.
It is essential to have a strategy in place for inclement weather: will the event be canceled, postponed, or can the area be covered?
- Determining the appropriate location
- Important questions to consider:
- Is there access to the relevant authorities? What is the distance between us? Do you require a generator or do you just need long extension cables?
- Is there sufficient space to move the movie cinemapartiessetup to a location that is not in direct line of sight of the swimming pool?
- Is there going to be a sufficient number of people, and therefore will there be enough parking spots?
- Is there enough room in the pool for all of the anticipated guests to swim in comfort?
- Will there be sufficient illumination for attendees to leave the venue in a secure manner if they choose to do so?
- Is there a restroom that i can use?
- Will the food stalls require access to water at any point?
- Are there any worries regarding noise for the residential areas that are nearby?
- Will there be enough space for recycling and trash cans at the venue?
- Depending on the method by which you intend to sell tickets, you might also need to consider how you will cordon off the pool area so that only those who have purchased tickets will be able to enter.
- Organizing a film and screen for viewing
If no one in your community has experience with sound and movie operating, it is strongly recommended that you contact a professional outdoor cinema hire firm to organize the screen, projector, sound systems, and operator for your event.
This will ensure that everything runs smoothly. The majority will also source the movie for you and obtain all necessary licenses. It is essential that you are familiar with the requirements for a ppl (public performance license) and that you possess the appropriate authority in order to screen a movie.
The size of the screen should be proportional to the number of attendees you anticipate having. For example, if you anticipate having up to one thousand people in attendance, you will need a much larger and more expensive screen that measures 8 meters by 5 meters. A smaller screen measuring 4 meters by 2.5 meters is suitable for groups of up to 200 people.
- Fees and purchasing tickets
When determining the cost of tickets, be sure to factor in all of the associated expenses, including those for renting the cinema parties hall, purchasing the movie’s license, paying for the venue, paying for promotion, and paying any other hire fees (popcorn machine, bouncy castle, etc.).
Before making a final decision on whether or not to host the event, you might want to gauge the level of interest that exists within your community by sending out an email titled “expression of interest” by email or social media.
Customers always consider it a good deal when purchasing tickets if they also contain a voucher for a drink, a meal, or a chance to win a raffle in addition to the price of the movie admission.
It can also make the night itself go more smoothly by reducing the amount of work involved in handling money on the night and by preventing unnecessary overordering, which can save money. When making tickets, it is essential that you think about which of the following categories you will include for customers to choose from:
If you are a club, membership options include adult, family, concession, and student.
Discount for early bird purchases
It could be helpful to think about reducing the amount of work that your volunteers and staff have to do by using technology. For instance, you can find it convenient to sell tickets using various internet platforms such as trybooking.
You will also be able to accept payments and donations when you sell tickets using this method. Additionally, the event can be simply shared on social networking platforms.
- Additional activities for the event
- Important questions to consider:
- Will there be any pre-show entertainment, such as karaoke, raffles, or musical or dancing performances?
- Have you given any thought to the possibility of selling advertising space either on the screen or on the tickets?
- Will there be stands offering food and drink, or will it be a bring-your-own-alcoholic-beverage event?
- Are there going to be any decorations at the event? (like fairy lights)
- Are you going to provide seating or are you going to hire our seating? (something like bean bags) will you be providing a vip area that is designated as ‘gold class’?
- Other things to take into consideration
- Make sure that the visitors are aware of whether or not floats will be offered on the night in question, and let them know whether or not they should bring towels. Will there be an opportunity to take a seat on the pool deck?
For any event of a significant scale, you will be required to have a well-defined emergency and evacuation plan, complete with well-defined escape locations for guests. Make certain that it is not difficult to get in touch with the emergency services.
You should start promoting the event as soon as possible, as this is one of the best ways to ensure that you receive the highest potential turnout; you can do this by using the club website, newsletter, noticeboard, and social media. Make sure that the tickets are numbered, and establish how many people the venue can accommodate at most.