If you sustained injuries in an unfortunate accident in Wytheville, you should consider lawyering up without delay. Personal injury cases are not rare in Virginia, but not many victims get the justice they deserve. Hiring an attorney could help you determine the basic aspects of your claim. Here’s what a Wytheville personal injury lawyer can do for you.
- Give a free, in-depth assessment. Just because you were injured and there was another party involved, it doesn’t mean you have a case. In fact, the burden of proof is on you. Get an attorney to know your case better. Top law firms in the state offer free, in-depth assessments for potential clients, and you can rely on the initial advice to make decisions.
- Explain your legal rights and options. What is your claim worth? Should you accept the offer from the insurance company? What are your legal options when it comes to fighting a battle for your rights? An attorney is in charge of explaining your legal rights.
- Investigate the matter. As we mentioned, the burden of proof is on the claimant. At a time when you are injured and traumatized, you may not have the time to investigate the case. Let an attorney take over and gather evidence related to the accident.
- Representation before the insurance company. Don’t expect the insurance claims adjuster to have sympathy. For them, every claim is a liability, and they will look for ways to deny yours. Call a lawyer so that you don’t have to deal with the insurance company directly.
- File a lawsuit. Most personal injury lawsuits never reach the court, but exceptions exist. Although expensive, a trial may be necessary for some cases. Your attorney is in charge of representing you in court if needed, and they will do what it takes to get you a fair settlement.
If you are worried about the costs of lawyering up, you would be happy to know of the contingency fee arrangement. Most lawyers in Wytheville work on a contingency fee, which is payable after you make a financial recovery. You don’t need to pay the lawyer right away. Attorneys often help clients with other expenses of the case, which can be repaid later.
Check websites like Justia and Nolo to find attorneys in your area. Almost every other law firm in Wytheville has a website these days where you can find relevant details.